Frequently Asked Questions
1. Where is Ridge located? We set up the Ridge base camp on the east side of California's Sierra Nevada, in Mammoth Lakes, Calif., where high desert meets deep snow and 14,000 foot peaks. We wanted our products to evolve in an area where life means working and playing outside in a wild and highly variable environment. A place where folks might backcountry ski during a snowstorm in the morning and boulder in desert sunshine later that day.
2. Do you have a retail store?
Yes! Come visit our showroom in Mammoth:
Ridge Merino Co.
4 Alpine Circle
Mammoth Lakes, CA 93546
3. How old is your company? Ridge was founded in 2014.
4. Where are Ridge Merino products made? All of our wool is sourced from Australia and New Zealand from farms that do not use mulesing techniques. The manufacturers we work with are located in Thailand, China, United States, Vietnam, El Salvador, and Columbia.
5. How do I sign up for the Ridge Merino newsletter and receive 15% off my order? The newsletter signup can be found at the bottom of our homepage - Ridge Merino. Enter your information and an email will be sent requesting a confirmation to the newsletter subscription. Confirm the subscription and an additional email will be sent welcoming you to the Ridge Merino family with a 15% discount code that can be applied at checkout. Be sure to check your spam or promotions folders if you're not seeing these emails come through.
6. How should I care for my Ridge Merino wool? Refer to the care label on each garment or visit our Care for Merino page for general washing instructions and to learn helpful tips for caring for your garment.
7. How do I determine my size in Ridge clothes? Please consult our size charts to determine your size.
11. Are Ridge Merino products good for activities beyond snow sports? Yes - in addition to skiing and snowboarding, our customers love our products for all types of outdoor activities - from backpacking, to camping, climbing, fishing, yoga, mountain biking, trail running... the list goes on. Our Merino wool apparel is exceptional for travel because it's lightweight, comfortable, versatile and can be worn much longer between washes due to its anti-stink qualities. Trust us. Wear it on a long-haul flight and see how fresh you feel afterwards.
12. Do you offer discounts for forest service, ski patrol or other outdoor service professions? We do! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.
14. I understand a portion of every purchase gives back to environmental groups through Ridge's partnership with 1% for the Planet. Which organizations specifically? We are proud to contribute to forward-thinking organizations like Waterkeeper Alliance, Protect Our Winters, the Breast Cancer Prevention Partners, Eastern Sierra Avalanche Center and The Access Fund.